India is proposing an experimental mini-ecocity:
It is going to be built mainly out of wood with mixed use (residential and commercial and co-worker spaces). Science alert March 2016 has many inspiring illustrations like thisAnd, before we get too carried away with all the green, let’s remember that mixed use makes New Urbanism or eco-cities work. So the photo’s of work spaces are just as important.
This May 2015 article shows that we’ll soon recognise London, Helsinki, Munich, Lyon, and even car manufacturing hubs like Birmingham will be ecocities!
The article goes on to note that even BMW and Ford are planning for a day when they sell cars to car-clubs, not individuals.
For the latest New Urbanist or Ecocity news in Australia, try:
More pages on New Urbanism:-
- New Urbanism, Eco-city, Village Town, or Eco-Village?
- An Australian philosophy of Eco-cities
- That’s so typical of Nazi Greenie Control Freaks telling us how to live!
- It’s just lefty propaganda — suburbia is the American way
- Cities are ugly!
- What do we do with the vast suburban areas we’ve already built?
- How do we pay for all this?