- Is Global Warming real?
- See CO2 trap heat with your own eyes
- Do the math: it’s serious and urgent!
- Stunningly produced National Geographic documentary for 2016
1. Is Global Warming real?
We can test the heat trapping properties of CO2 in something called a Fourier Device. You cannot debate this. It’s like the boiling point of water at sea level. It’s something you look up in a book. This is old science. To believe global warming was a ‘conspiracy of that ther’ guv-ern-ment’ would be the same as believing the Moon Landing was faked, and they really did have Aliens at Area51.
Forget the IPCC for a moment. Which peer-reviewed scientific institute on the planet still disagrees with climate change?
No scientific body of national or international standing has maintained a dissenting opinion; the last was the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, which in 2007 updated its 1999 statement rejecting the likelihood of human influence on recent climate with its current non-committal position. Some other organizations, primarily those focusing on geology, also hold non-committal positions.
Wiki: Scientific Opinion on Climate Change
2. See CO2 trap heat with your own eyes!
The demonstration starts at 90 seconds in but the whole video itself is well worth watching.
Here’s a 10 minute history of climate science over the last 150 years. Al Gore didn’t invent it! 😉 It’s real, it’s old, it’s established. See this quick history of climate change science.
3. Do the math: it’s urgent and serious!
Here is the 3 minute summary
The math, from 10 minutes in:
- Limit = 2 degrees: IPCC says we can’t go above 2 degrees or we get into feedbacks
- 565 gigatons tons CO2 allowance before we get to 2 degrees
- Therefore the 2,795 gigatons fossil fuel reserves are 5 times more than we should burn
- That means 80% of the fossil fuels on the books of companies today should never be mined!
- (Eclipse note: that also means your super could be at risk if invested in a company that has 80% of their value in reserves of a product they should never product!)
For now the science is settled. As far as it is humanly possible to know something, we know that greenhouse gases like Co2 and methane are raising average global temperatures. If you’re thinking “But CO2 is plant food” or “CO2 is natural, we exhale it” or “The Ice Ages show temperatures change before the CO2, undermining the whole thing!” then the chances are that you’ve been had. You’ve been tricked by half-truths and propaganda spread by vested interests. There are hundreds of anti-climate myths, and every time I speak with someone conned by the denialist propaganda I can pick a few of the lies. Don’t be duped. Check your sources. Ask yourself if a mere climate scientist on $100 grand a year is the one motivated to spread a conspiracy of misinformation, or if it’s the oil CEO on $100 grand a day!
Dogma’s don’t change, but science keeps evolving and moving forward. Climate deniers deserve the term Denialist because rather than interact with the data, they just repeat the same tired old dogma and move onto reciting the next myth. They’re doing the coal company’s work for them. On the other hand, the Global Warming data just keeps piling up. Australia’s CSIRO continue to update their science and put out warnings like the 13 June 2011 “Climate Change is Real: An Open Letter from the Scientific Community”.