- Is Global Warming real?
- See CO2 trap heat with your own eyes!
- History of 150 years of climate science — 10 minutes
- Bill Nye summary — 4 minutes
- “Do the math”: it’s serious and urgent!
- We cross the 2 degree limit in 2028.
1. Is Global Warming real?
We can test the heat trapping properties of CO2 in something called a Fourier Device. You cannot debate this. It’s like the boiling point of water at sea level. It’s something you look up in a book. This is old science. To believe global warming was a ‘conspiracy of that ther’ guv-ern-ment’ would be the same as believing the Moon Landing was faked, and they really did have Aliens at Area51.
Forget the IPCC for a moment. Which peer-reviewed scientific institute on the planet still disagrees with climate change?
No scientific body of national or international standing has maintained a dissenting opinion; the last was the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, which in 2007 updated its 1999 statement rejecting the likelihood of human influence on recent climate with its current non-committal position. Some other organizations, primarily those focusing on geology, also hold non-committal positions.
Wiki: Scientific Opinion on Climate Change
2. See CO2 trap heat with your own eyes!
The demonstration starts at 90 seconds in but the whole video itself is well worth watching.
3. History of 150 years of climate science — 10 minutes
4: Bill Nye Summary — 4 minutes
5. Do the math: it’s urgent and serious!
(This 3 minute summary was part of a longer documentary “Do the Math” released in 2012.)
It summarises the following numbers:-
- Limit = 2 degrees: IPCC says we can’t go above 2 degrees or we get into feedbacks
- 565 gigatons tons CO2 allowance before we get to 2 degrees
- Therefore the 2,795 gigatons fossil fuel reserves are 5 times more than we should burn
- That means 80% of the fossil fuels on the books of companies today should never be mined! But we’re minning it anyway, therefore…
6. We cross the 2 degree limit in 2028.
“Do the Math” was released in 2012. I’m editing this page in 2018, so we just lost 6 years. We’re running out of time.
As far as it is humanly possible to know something, we know that greenhouse gases like Co2 and methane are raising average global temperatures. If you’re thinking “But CO2 is plant food” or “CO2 is natural, we exhale it” or “The Ice Ages show temperatures change before the CO2, undermining the whole thing!” then the chances are that you’ve been had. There are hundreds of anti-climate myths, spread with with carefully concealed money by vested interests. Don’t be duped. Check your sources. Ask yourself if a mere climate scientist on $100 grand a year is the one motivated to spread a conspiracy of misinformation, or if it’s the oil CEO on $100 grand a day!
Dogma’s don’t change, but science keeps evolving and moving forward. Climate deniers deserve the term Denialist because rather than interact with the data, they just repeat the same tired old dogma and move onto reciting the next myth. They’re doing the coal company’s work for them. On the other hand, the Global Warming data just keeps piling up. Australia’s CSIRO continue to update their science and put out warnings like the 13 June 2011 “Climate Change is Real: An Open Letter from the Scientific Community”.