Fantastic new source of food:
* traditional aquaculture trawls the oceans for by-catch to munch up and feed to captive fish
* this system replaces ocean feedstock with microorganisms grown in nearby tanks
* Or it can be grown in the prawn farm’s own prawn ponds in the 6 month off season
* half the world’s seafood is farmed, so if we eventually replace unsustainble by-catch feedstocks with sustainably grown feedstock pellets, the oceans may get a chance to recover
* it increases marginal prawn farms to profitable prawn farms because the prawns grow 40% larger and are healthier
* increased health gains mean more prawns can be grown in closer proximity
* more prawns in each pond increases production & profits,=
* spin off’s not listed on the show but that I am considering are possible increases in our understanding of micro-plankton or algae growth for feedstocks for other industries.
Search this blog
James Hansen promotes this FREE book as THE solution to climate change!
This free book analyses the limitations of intermittent, dispersed renewable energy
Free poster to download
Eclipse Now on This is my kind of solar! thechildrenofthorium on This is my kind of solar! Eclipse Now on Trump, the gift that keeps on… logiclogiclogic on Trump, the gift that keeps on… Eclipse Now on How low is Trump’s …
My political persuasion
My CategoriesAbolish State govts About this blog Activism Aircraft Alternative fuels Art and Design Biochar Biodiversity loss Biofuels Charismatic Christian climate change Coal Collapse Computers Creationism Denial Dirty fuels (Fracking, CTL, GTL) Doomer Ecology Economics Electric Vehicles Ethanol EU Family Food Futurism / Singularity Geo-engineering Global Governance Global Warming Gun control Health Hydrogen Industrial Ecosystems Mars Materials & Metals Movies and TV Music New Urbanism Nuclear nuclear power Ocean Open Source Open Source Hardware Peak Oil Phosphorus Plastic Politics Pollution Population Posters Rail Renewable energy Robot Cars Rubber Duck (Humour) Sci-Fi Simpol Social Justice Soil Solar Space Storing energy Stress trains Transport Uncategorized War Water Wind Writing / English