this is very interesting.
They are planning on building this around the Southern Highlands.
“What is a Parallel Village?
A 5,000 to 10,000 population, self-contained 50-ha. community surrounded by a 150-ha. greenbelt. Built around multiple plazas with cafés, shops, workplaces and artist guilds, no cars permitted within the village walls; with its own local economy, affordable housing, sustainable & beautiful design, it offers a culturally and socially enriched habitat, a fulfilling, wonderful place for all ages and stages of life, where all – home, work, shops, schools, cafés and recreation is within a ten-minute walk.”
It’s about quality of life:
- A beautiful place to live & work
- Socially and culturally enriched
- Human-scaled, no cars within
- Slow Food, alfresco lifestyle
- For all ages & stages of life
- Robust intentionally local economy
- Intentionally affordable
- Environmentally balanced